Monday, February 28, 2011

A little bit about me {Gabrielle}

Recently, I was talking to a close friend and he pointed out the fact that I probably needed to learn to type. Right now I am making the attempt. If you are wondering why I haven’t been posting, this is the reason.


This school year I am working my way through 10th grade school curriculum with my sister and brother. The lord has blessed us with the ability to use video materials from Abeka Academy. For this years schooling I have been working through Bible Doctrines, Biology, English class containing Grammer and composition IV, vocabulary, spelling, and poetry IV, and world literature, Algebra II, World History, and Spanish I. My favorite classes this year would be World History and Algebra II in that order. Mr. Duby, World History teacher, makes history interesting and I like algebra because I like solving problems.


Around the New Year, our pastor preached about evaluating our lives to see what needs changing and
setting goals for the new year. This message really helped me evaluate my own life and point out things that needed fixing. I used to hate school and work. When pastor preached that message, I realized that both of those things are good and to hate them is a sin. I still have some problems but the LORD has helped me to overcome my dislike of these things. When pastor preached that message, I also realized that I was not making enough time for GOD. I was neglecting to read the BIBLE every day and to spend time in prayer. I hope this will help someone who reads it to evaluate their life and see what needs to be changed.




Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalms 150:6
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Philippians 2:14
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank You for stopping by. Your thoughts are appreciated! Please leave your name when you comment. All anonymous comments will be deleted.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.