Wednesday, September 7, 2011


“Confess your faults one to another,

and pray one for another,

that ye may be healed.”

James 5:16a

I am not a perfect person. In fact, I am far from being perfect. I have many faults. Tons of them to be honest with you.

There have been many times that I have tried to not publicize my sin. I mean, its between me and God, right? But it always seems that no matter what I do, everyone eventually finds out. Nice. Or not so nice.

So. I was contemplating on some things and saw this verse. I guess it hit home. Whenever people hear about things I have done they automatically add that to my “bad list”. Yes, I have a “bad list”. And just about everyone who I don’t want to know, knows about my “bad list”.

Ironic, huh?

So, after reading this verse, I decided to not hide things any more. I was worried about one particular situation at the time. I was starting to become quite good friends with a young lady, and I knew that sooner or later someone would try to get her to think bad of me, and they would use my well-known “list of wrong-doings”.  In fact, I figured someone had already tried it.

So… one day I told her. I had been rebellious when I was like 10-14. She was surprised.(which told me that, thankfully I was the first one to tell her about this.) I told her why I was telling her. And guess what? It didn’t make one bit of difference to her. In fact, I think it made some things easier to talk to her about. Because she knew who I was.

So. Don’t hide things from your friends. I speak from experience, and it is harder to have them find out from someone else, who heard from someone else, who was told by someone else, who was supposedly around when someone else said something. So, be honest with them. They are there{usually} to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank You for stopping by. Your thoughts are appreciated! Please leave your name when you comment. All anonymous comments will be deleted.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.