Thursday, October 13, 2011

Be Courteous


Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another,

love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

1 Peter 3:8

~

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,

even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:32

~

We are to be kind, and courteous one to another at all times… this means, even if someone doesn’t believe like you do… do not let your zeal for what {you think} is right, overpower being kind when you point it out…


You don’t pour salt in an open wound… you don’t be so bold that you hurt people. Even if what they are doing is wrong, if you salt them, you will disinterest them in the things of God…

Someone I know{I won’t even give them the benefit of calling them a friend}, recently told me that I had to stop doing something that in their opinion was wrong… they were extremely rude… {for some reason they pretty much do not like me… unless I have a baby or something they want…} they didn’t give any reason{um… yeah… so I just have to stop…}. Even though they didn’t say why, I know enough about them to know what they are trying to do… And believe me, if I went back and asked, I will guarantee you they couldn’t give me a verse about why they believe it was wrong…

I on the other hand, can give you a verse that supports what I was doing… If they’d ask, and listen to reason, I would show them… but no, they won’t because they are afraid of being proven wrong…

So anyways… not only did they not give me a reason, more importantly they were extremely rude… {and Ill admit, I was so surprised that they could be that rude, that my response was a little bit short… at least I didn’t yell at em, like me wanted to…}  This isn’t the first time they were rude, in fact for them, it is a regular occurrence…  and they call themselves Christians. But they just brush aside the rude part and say its okay, because I “wont listen” to them and they have to point out my “sin”.

And these people call themselves my “friends”. I will not call them my friends because I do not want to be around them any more than I have to… they say “you are who you are around” and there is no way that I wanna be like them. Not in a million years… no. way.

So… my point? When you are pointing out someone else’s “sin” or something that you think is wrong…

First of all, be nice. Be kind. Be courteous.

Second. Be able to prove yourself. If you cant- shut. Up.

Third. Listen to their side… they might just be able to make a point!

Think about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank You for stopping by. Your thoughts are appreciated! Please leave your name when you comment. All anonymous comments will be deleted.

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.